Membership in Nanaimo Sings!
How do we work?
Board and Planning Team:
Five Directors form the core for the Planning Team which also includes members-at-large from various member choirs.
The Planning Team meets periodically with a Steering Committee to consult about event planning. The Steering Committee plays a very important role in Nanaimo Sings! It is comprised of the choir director plus a designated contact person from each member choir.
Choir contact people are integral to the communication structure of Nanaimo Sings! We rely on them to serve as the communication link between Nanaimo Sings! and their choir members, to gather and disseminate information as needed. The contacts can assist with coordinating large Nanaimo Sings! events.
Benefits of belonging:
Nanaimo Sings! serves its member choirs in numerous ways:
- Publicizing choir concerts and events
- Offering choral workshops and clinics
- Staging large Nanaimo Sings! events that feature member choirs collaborating to perform and entertain
- Communicating information about Nanaimo Sings! people, choirs and events
- Updating choirs about newsworthy events and happenings in Nanaimo and beyond
- Informing choirs about the work of the British Columbia Choral Federation
- Assisting singers who are looking for a choir to join
How to Join Nanaimo Sings!
The membership fee is $15 per choir and is due at the AGM which is held in September.
Membership is open to choirs that work/sing in the area extending from Ladysmith to Lantzville and including Gabriola Island.
For all details about how to join email: email@example.com